Monday 16 January 2012

Creative Writing course

I'm now nearly three months into a Level 2 course with the Open University which is stretching me in all sorts of ways.  It's not the first time I've studied - someone asked me at an interview recently if I was 'collecting qualifications'.  I didn't think I was but I can see how it might look that way.  Anyhow, the Creative Writing course is the first one I've done in a long time for no better reason than I wanted to do it.  It's not for a job (although I would love to earn some money from it).  It's not Continuous Professional Development (a phrase to make your heart shrink). It's not anyone else's suggestion, just my own personal interest.  I have to say that I find the OU materials, tutorial support and peer support absolutely brilliant.  I quite often find myself engaged in exercises which I would never have dreamt of doing on my own and I know that I am definitely learning from the experience.  I have been writing on and off all my life but I have never felt comfortable sharing what I have written.  Now I'm hoping to break the mould and, for the first time since the school magazine, have the confidence to show people what I want to write.

No comments:

Post a Comment