Friday 6 April 2012

Writing from life

We're on to a new theme on the OU course - Life Writing.  Sounds deceptively simple but the hardest things often do!  I don't feel that I have any shortage of material in my own life but it's a fine balance that makes it interesting to others while keeping it close to the truth.  What is the truth after all?  There's my version of events and then a myriad of other versions from others who were there but seeing things from another perspective.  There's emotional truth which sometimes requires a re-jig of the facts.  There's sensitivity to the other people who share my own stories - especially if they can't answer back.  So, all in all, no pressure.  I'm working on some tales from childhood and may have to change some names to protect the innocent!

No comments:

Post a Comment